Sunday, April 27, 2014

Let's Just Pretend I'm In Italy

I MADE DIS

#artsy #cookbook #icookthings #iamsocool

see above caption
I am judging whoever took this picture.

A ball of dough!!!

two little pasta pieces!

om nom nom nom

ooooo look at that yummy

On one of the first warm days of the year, I magically was granted a day’s worth of initiative, something that hadn’t happened since November. Thank you, Spring Fairies. (As a sidenote: that whole spring thing was a farce because we had snow days the next week. Rude.) So, armed with this day's worth of initiative and brand new bangs, I walked all the way downstairs to the basement and wiped the dust off of the pasta maker I bribed my mom into buying six years ago and only used once. It was like my junior year self inhabited my senior year self for one day. I couldn't believe it. Neither could my family.

I spent the morning making pasta. I kicked that machine’s butt...after the third time trying to use it. But after that I really was like the pasta maker superwoman. I just didn’t have much dough left by then…

If I remember correctly, I spent my after pasta “break” looking through The Silver Spoon, which is the Italian cookbook according to the cover. I mean, what? I even spent my break doing things? Ok then. I really was possessed. I marked more than 200 things that I wanted to cook but I was not possessed enough to make all of them. I decided to make a zucchini and tomato sauce for the fresh pasta and sage flavored pork chops as the meat part of the meal. I AM AMAZING. I couldn’t believe myself. The best part of this whole story is I even drove to Fresh Market to pick up the vegetables and meat. It really does take magic to get me behind the wheel so I am still in awe of that day. My parents were pretty impressed with me but not nearly as impressed as I was with myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS