Saturday, April 26, 2014

Iranian Food: Mina and Family

our dinner. get in my stomach.
om nom nom nom
dessert



A long, long while ago the family of one of my mother’s students came over to my house and taught us to make Iranian food. It was amaaazing. And tasty.

Reza, the student, told my mom that his mom, Mina, would be so excited to come over and teach us how to cook. We got the groceries and they brought the expertise. We ended up starting and because of that we ate pretty late that evening so they stayed and ate a second dinner with us. Together we made Adas Polo, a rice dish, and chicken. They brought an amazing rose flavored rice dessert and I made Iranian Salad ahead of time. It was probably one of my favorite meals of all time.

Reza and his family moved here from Iran when he was about ten and they go back often in the summers. He, although still in high school, composes and produces music. That is way cooler than anything I do. His mother studied and taught geography in Iran so we quizzed her as we were putting together the meal. His sister goes to the middle school that I went to and we had a great conversation about Divergent and John Green books. Overall it was a great evening.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS