Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Our Bulgarian Dinner Party Plan




My new favorite ladybug (or kalinka in BG) slippers.

 None of us like these pictures. Neli is lucky that she didn't get sucked into out bad luck.

Idk what this is, but its from Bulgaria.
This is it. Are we not majorly accomplished?


When we do a dinner party, we go all out.


When I asked Neli and Lusi to teach me to cook Bulgarian food, they asked me what to make. I told them simple staples that they make often, but aren't too complicated. (That was redundant.) This is the menu they came up with. Literally, a full, three course meal. Applause is in order, because not only was it fancy and amazing, but it was easy.


Salad - “Snow White” phonetically spelled “snejanka”
Banitsa
Bean Stew - Fasul
Pork Patties/Meatballs - “Kufteta”


I went over at around five and they already had the beans on the stove. I threw on a pair of lady bug slippers and got to work. We made the pork first, then the banitsa and then the salad and stew. All while rocking out to Mamma Mia.


We reminisced, cooked, and took notes. Lusi was my scribe. She did a great job and I am considering hiring for all of my next projects. I will be using some of her quotes in the recipes.

Around seven my mom came by and we had a mother-daughter dinner party. In the dining room no less! It was grand, and must be repeated soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS