Saturday, December 7, 2013

Food Trucks and Other Necessary Adventures

Kitty will def not be happy about this but it's happening.
The food trucks were more like food stands.
The foods stands were a lot like Crave. WE AS COOL AS SF.



I appreciate this.






We sat at the first table outside.
This is exactly like what I drank. Wow.

 Arepas and Yuca fries from the Pica Pica Website. It tasted as good as it looked

This is what the inside of The Mill looks like. They get credit for being beautiful.


Other necessary food adventures in San Francisco include food trucks. Actually, I think food trucks are always necessary. They are lots of fun. Kitty and I made a trip to the food trucks before our bitter dinner with Ted to see if we could find dessert. We didn’t find much though because it had to be gluten free. But we did get this amazing pumpkin creme brulee at a creme brulee food truck that - get this - had a Kentucky creme brulee. I know. What a coincidence. But I didn’t get it because my appreciation for my home state does not surpass my love for all things pumpkin.

Other good food trucks included a Popsicle one that was manned by a very gruff dude angrily reading philosophy. I guess his sales weren’t that great in the 60 degree weather. There was also a truck that was called the Bacon truck. It was designed to look like a pig and everything it sold included bacon. If I recall correctly, there was a heart warning on the side of their truck. I was in love. One sold Asian tacos which I really wanted to try but was too scared to. Another had a huge line and sold Asian fusion food. Everything was fried or incredibly fatty. It was perfect. There was even a beer food truck, which didn’t really seem legal to me. The whole experience was pretty epic even though we did not buy anything.


Three other amazing culinary adventures we had were small so I am adding them here. First, Kitty and I had a college planning moment where we worked out some of my supplements. And at La Boulange I drank a latte out of a bowl. I have never felt as cool as I did in that moment, and I doubt I ever will again. The second was on my last day we went to Kitty and Louis’s favorite gluten free restaurant in the Mission. It is called Pica Pica and it is all corn based food. We ordered arepas, which I have decided are my new favorite corn based food. Miles ahead of cornbread, even ahead of corn chips and queso. Arepas are “a grilled corn pocket crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside, and stuffed with your choice of slow-cooked meats, beans, plantains, cheese or vegetables”, according to their website, which happens to be correct. We also ordered Yuca fries which were pretty damn good. After we ordered I realized that I had actually had arepas before, with Kitty no less! Kitty took me to the inauguration as a Christmas present last year. It was freezing and we got crowded out of our spot, so we headed towards the parade. (We actually saw Obama so it was totally worth it.) But on our way to claim our spot a street vendor was selling cheese arepas and Kitty smelled it and doubled back to buy two. She used to eat them when she lived in Colombia so it was a throwback for her and plain deliciousness for me. I was not disappointed at Pica Pica. Third there was a bakery in the Mission called The Mill that served homemade bread. Kitty talked to the baker for a long time while I ate toasted white bread with apple cinnamon butter and this dude tried to talk to me but I didn’t realize he was talking to me so I didn’t answer and it was awkward.

Photo Credits:
La Boulange - Shop and Latte
Pica Pica
The Mill 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS