Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Beginning of the Weekend: Picture Day and Poetry Slam


I had an insanely hectic weekend. Therefore, I have decided to post once a day for the next three days about it, because who wouldn’t want to hear about my weekend for the next three days? We will start off slow.


This is my before/bedhead picture. It was early and I was not happy
After and equally unhappy. I'm not a morning person.

I saw an R.A. from GSP at the poetry slam. I didn't talk to him but I took a lot of really zoomed in pictures.
These are from the Latino festival. Below is the churro man. He made a mean churro.



















This is the beginning of my crazy weekend. Friday was Senior picture day and because my parents aren’t into sentimentality and I am into procrastination I did not get my pictures done over the summer.  Insert upset face. So I woke up early after staying out late to go her Wendell Berry and Barbara Kingsolver speak at a Stop I-75 event to do my hair. I wanted to look pretty but because waking up at 5 took away from my beauty sleep time I think it canceled out the curled hair. School sucked. Because I woke up early and only did my hair I did not do any homework so I was frantically doing math in Macro and English in World. That was not fun. That evening my mom and I went to the Gypsy Women’s Writer Conference Poetry Slam. IT KICKED BUTT. The best and winning poem was a hilarious tale of when the poet got a yeast infection. Genius. After the slam my mom and I walked down to the Latino Festival where I got one of my top three favorite desserts, a churro.

Now, I am telling you all of this so one, you will understand how hectic my weekend was and feel pity and envy and two, because it is my goal in life to learn how to make a churro. So if I am very lucky I will be posting that on this part of the interwebs one day. Get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS