Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Roasted Potatoes - Host Mom Style

The potatoes are to the side. Duh
My wonderful host mom, Sophie, was an amazing chef. She had breakfast, lunch and dinner on the table everyday, and in almost every meal she used Herbes de Provence. One of my favorite things that she made with this wonderful bottle of herbs were roasted regular and sweet potato. We would have this side dish around four times a week, and it was perfect for any meal. One of my most vivid pictures of us is me sitting at the island, telling her about my day, while she peeled potatoes for lunch. 

Most people went back for seconds so I'm assuming that I am not the only one that thinks they are delish.

For this greatness, one must preheat the oven to 400.Peel and chop potatoes into triangle like shapes. I’m not actually sure how to describe this but they were about an inch, basically a large bite. Anyways, put the potatoes in a pyrex dish. Cover them in olive oil, salt, pepper and Herbes de Provence. Pop them in the oven for a long time, I’m going to guesstimate around 40 min, basically when the potatoes are soft and brownish and edible looking. You will know, you will feel it.

And so you have it. Roasted potatoes.

Another great thing to roast is red pepper, feta cheese and Herbes de Provence. Basically you slice the peppers into strips, add entire chunks of cheese, cover in olive oil, and herbs and pop in the oven just like the potatoes. It is equally delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS