Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Baking Some Swedish Awseomeness

because we are cool and cute


 This is the day we made our plans. We had a fun time
our masterpieces


we are awesome
conversions are hard. that's why I use the google

the beginnings of greatness

This is how we dressed to go to Kroger. I mean we are that fabulous.

flour-y

I got tired.

we were curious

still curious
On the last day of school of last semester my friends and I went out for coffee. We were supposed to go ice skating but then we decided we didn’t like exercise enough to pay the five dollars. Anyhoo, at Third Street Stuff Lukas and I both got cinnamon steamers and he told me that Swedish food had lots of cinnamon. Then, it dawned on me that one of my favorite Europeans should definitely contribute to my project. He is also the one who helped me come up with the name of my blog and my cat. Basically, he is awesome. And he said yes. Like I said, awesome.

So he came over to my house, and my other European, Lusi, joined us. We had a grand time. It was wonderful even though while the butter was melting and we were measuring out the milk, we realized that all the milk had been consumed. It remained wonderful through our quick trip to Kroger in our aprons, giant sweaters and purses. It became slightly less great when we were adding our final ingredient and realized that we needed a lot more flour than we had. That was when we all journeyed across the street to my neighbor’s house and had to beg for a cup or two of flour. After that low point we set the dough aside to rise and we made a quick lunch of soup and brie on french bread (because we are nothing but not classy). And even though the dough protested and did not rise, we had an altogether fab time. We gossiped, laughed and gossiped and managed to get flour on every part of ourselves. It was fantastic.

I highly recommend trying Swedish food that does not come from Ikea’s frozen aisle, because it is way better. And you will feel even cooler while you eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS