Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Awards Night aka The Party Where I Got To Wear My 50’s Dress



Look at it.


The Urvi likes it.

Me. Channeling Mad Men.

Signature line up on the stairs and smile picture. As you can see, we were very strict with our dress code.

we have fun together. we also made Josh go in the middle so we would look like his harem.
Before the year started my friend MPD and I decided to throw a senior awards night during the beginning of the school year to keep everyone from being bogged down in senioritis and stress. Basically we would come up with awards for our friends that had nothing to do with school and everything to do with our awesomeness, because that is and undisputable fact. Price and I planned the awards over pedicures and the next day went to dollar tree and bought party supplies, and sent out our invitations. They read as follows: “You have officially been invited by your hosts, Mary Price Duncan and Sophia Carmen Whitman Sandmeyer, to the 2013-2014 senior class awards night. The event will be held from 6 – 10 on September 13. The event is a formal dress or suit and tie affair with the request that you bring an appetizer for everyone to share and a big smile for the red carpet. RSVP to this number. Thank you.

I won the yo yo award because apparently I am moody and have mood swing like a yo yo. HA HA not nice.
We felt fancy. In the end we had finger sandwiches, a red carpet, certificates signed with calligraphy pen and pawpaw ice cream. It was exciting. We also stayed way past ten and went to waffle house at 2 AM, which effectively canceled out the pawpaw ice cream and elegant hors d'oeuvres (which were actually cheese trays from Kroger.) It was lovely. And the pawpaw ice cream was a hit – or so I was told by annoyingly nice friends who don’t want to hurt my feelings.

The next party will be a Disney Princess Party. I will be Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS